Friday, January 15, 2010

Haiti

The world shakes under their feet,
Buildings fall all around them as the earth caves in.
Not knowing what to do, not knowing what to think.
Parents holding their children, lifeless in their arms
Children lost with broken hearts, scared,and hurting..
No water to drink, or even food to eat.
Searching for a place to lay their head.
No home, no bed.


One mom finds a child who she thought was dead.
“ Now I realize God loves me” is what she says
The joy to find the ones I love alive, yet
Still the heart breaks for those who are buried away
in a mass grave. And for the families who still don’t know.


My prayer is that God holds the hand of all of those lost
waiting under all of whats crumbled down around them
Time is short , time is running out to find life

Please Help me! Are the cries from Haiti


Please contact your local relief organization,
Maybe a red cross in your area..?
whether its small or large, its from the heart
and speaks volumes of your character

thank you, Jennifer Oneil
better known to most as WritersAve

4 comments:

Marianne-Leigh Sanchez Ellazar said...

You are a talented writer! I salute you!
Marianne-Leigh Sanchez Ellazar

Anonymous said...

You are an amazing write Cuz Your words will move alot of people in the right direction..

Anonymous said...

That's very sweet Jen...my heart goes out to those families. Such a tragedy!! -Misty

I once was lost but now I'm found said...

You know what I keep thinking about everytime I sit down at the table to eat? All of the hungry people and kids and babies and it jus makes my stomach hurt and I dont even wanna eat after that. It is so awful over there my heart just goes out for them.

Post a Comment