Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Love's Plead

I was remembering a letter that my mother found in an old family bible that belonged to my Great Grand parents, the letter was about to fall apart because it had been folded and tucked away inside this bible after being written in the year 1944, It was a love letter to My Great Grand Mother, from My Great Grand Father. As it seems in the letter she was away, it doesn't indicate why or even where she was.. only that He had said his goodbyes at the train station.

Over and over He had written how much he loved her and missed her and also how badly he needed her back home. The love he had for her was so apparent.

I was thinking isn't that what the bible is to us..? Gods love letter
from a Father to his Children? a PLEAD saying "I love you and I miss you!"
a plead to be ready? I mean if God just wanted us to know he created earth, and Jesus died to save our sins, he could have done so and our bible today would only be a few pages long. But he wanted to show us more than that. Yes, he is our Lord, creator of all things Good, He is Love, He sent Jesus to die for our sins but he also wanted us to see how our sins had made the world what it is, he is reaching out over and over showing his love and asking us to return to him. The Bible is Gods plead to us. He loves us, he misses us when we aren't living for him and he wants us ready and waiting when he calls us to a greater place,

3 comments:

Aaron said...

It absolutely is a love letter! It's a love letter that is written by God about His relationship with His creation throughout all of history! That is so mind-blowing: for thousands of years God has been pursuing us, working behind the scenes and blatantly in front of our eyes, to win us over back to Him.

I'm reading the Bible in a year this year, and I'm currently beginning Exodus. One incredible thing that's hit me from this story is how God was so merciful and patient with Israel. Even though He didn't deliver them from Egypt right away, throughout the whole process He was giving Israel opportunity after opportunity to know Him in a deep, intimate relationship kind of way. And then I remember that He is the same God yesterday, today, and tomorrow - the same God who pursues, sustains, and loves me. ME! Just like He did for Israel!

Give thanks to the Lord, for He is good,
for His steadfast love endures forever!

Anonymous said...

I love this Jen...I love how spiritual your blogs are! Really opens my mind and heart to show me I NEED to be more involved with church and God. I've put other things before Him and that's not right. Thanks for the message & love you! -Misty

Anonymous said...

I enjoyed looking over your blog
God bless you

Post a Comment