Monday, November 16, 2009

Recovering Sinner

If I were an alcoholic and decided I needed to free myself from this bad thing I am doing to my body I'd detox, go to AA meetings, and have a sponsor to call anytime I need to reach out to someone. This is how I look at myself and sinning, I have been born again, I am a recovering sinner. I will never be free of temptation. and sometimes I will fall off the wagon, Sometimes I will need to call my sponsor ( God ) when I feel myself being tempted in the flesh, getting to my knees and spending time in prayer, getting into the word of MY GOD, It will put you back on track, it allows you to slow yourself down and rethink the actions you have taken or are about to take. Reminding myself that I am a child of Christ, taking baby steps. All I can do is grow closer to the Lord every day by nourishing my mind , body and soul with his word and through prayer

2 comments:

Aaron said...

I absolutely love this post. So inspiring, thoughtful, and right on! In fact, it's causing my mind to whirl with more thoughts... I'll probably write something up (on my blog) on this topic. Thanks again for sharing your thoughts!

-Aaron
My "Trutheran" Christian Living blog

Jennifer said...

you are very welcome, keeps checking back.. because my mind is always thinking of something else to say. I love that I can make people (or in this case you) think.

Post a Comment